Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Sammartini 5 in Bb Major

   Ok this is going to be a really short entry, which is fitting as this symphony by Giovanni Sammartini is not particularly long. But also because I realize that maybe I don't have the knowledge baseline needed to make educated commentary on earlier symphonies. Like, the piece seems solidly constructed enough, but it vanishes from my mind seconds after hearing it. I love craft as much as the next guy, maybe more, but for anything other than background music I'm not sure I would really suggest this. I can't even comment on the orchestration, since it is just strings and harpsichord throughout. Though to be fair this is an early symphony of Sammartini so maybe I should try and listen to something later by him.

No comments:

Post a Comment